Finding the right abortion clinic is important when you make the decision to terminate an
unplanned pregnancy. In the skilful hands of a licensed and experienced doctor, abortions are
very safe and pose minimal risks to the overall health and well-being of the woman.
If you or a friend has decided on having an abortion, here are some things you can look out for when finding a reliable abortion centre:
- Make sure that the abortion clinic is accredited by the Ministry of Health to perform surgical abortions. Ensure that the doctor carrying out the procedure is experienced and qualified.
- Seek referrals from trusted people you know, or support groups and forums online who have been through the same experience.
- Seek referrals from a family doctor who can advise you on a safe and trusted abortion clinic to go to.
- The type of abortion surgery depends on the length of your pregnancy. When enquiring with a prospective clinic, find out what the procedure will be like for you.
- If you have a tighter budget, look around for a clinic that is priced more affordably.
- Overall cleanliness of the clinic and friendliness of the doctor staff can go a long way in aiding you through the process.
Once you’ve decided on an abortion centre, be mindful that you also have to fulfil certain legal requirements before abortion services are provided to you (e.g. mandatory pre-abortion counselling, pregnancy not exceeding 24 weeks, etc.). An accredited abortion specialist will be able to guide you through the entire process safely and discreetly.